Tuesday, January 22, 2013

About Us

So let's see if I can keep this up, I have tried blogs before and keep up pretty well then after six months stop. :)

About us: I first met my husband in March of 2011, to tell the truth I was a little iffy with his Mohawk and all to accept the first date. But I did and we went out April 5, 2011 and I was completely sold on him after he kissed me for the first time.  He remembers the kiss completely different than I do, but it was a sweet awkward kiss the poor guy was so nervous and my heart was stolen. After that we then ended up spending almost every day together.  We tied the knot in Paris (ID) on July 13, 2012 yes we did get married on Friday the 13th on purpose, I figured that the day needed some good mojo.  When I married him I also became the step-mom to 7 (now 8) year old boy.  This brings it own challenges but also brings great joy, I couldn't imagine life any other way.

We found out we are expecting (my first) on November 14th.  I was so excited when the test came up positive I couldn't even wait for Rory to come home from work. Shortly after that the morning sickness set in, but I must admit that I have been pretty lucky.  Each morning I would feel nauseated and throw up from brushing my teeth (cinnamon toothpaste was the only flavor I could handle) after eating I would feel pretty good until evening then I would be nauseated again.  In all I threw up less than 20 times and morning sickness faded in between week 11 and 12.  By the beginning of week 12 all nausea and throwing up disappeared. I do get headaches now, but for the most part they are manageable so far only two have sent me to bed.  We are now 14 weeks 1 day along with a due date of July 22.

Since feeling better I started using my pressure cooker (I received it for Christmas), let me tell you I love this thing! I use it almost every night for dinner the meat is always tender and the food is great, along with it being done in an hour or less! And so far I haven't had any complaints from my step-son on the taste of the food. 

I currently sell cloth diapers for a living (clothdiaper.com) and as such, we plan on cloth diapering our little one when they arrive. 

We have already been through many ups and downs in our relationship causing us both to adjust and realize what really is important in life. I am ecstatic to be married to my best friend and continue to grow and raise our family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment